As chartered surveyors, we understand rental and capital returns, and have views on where to invest for the best long term returns. We aim to manage our clients' properties as assets and propose improvements to add value and increase returns.
If you can't sell your home, you could ask us to let out your property until the market improves.
Chalmers & Co offers 3 letting services:
- NEW! Chalmers Letting à la Carte: A low cost, flexible letting service where you choose the elements of the service you can't or don't want to provide. For just £149, your property can be listed on our website with your photos and description, advertised on the leading portals Zoopla, Letting Web, Citylets and S1 Homes, and initial enquiries handled. See more details...
- Chalmers Letting Only: A marketing and letting only service based on a finder's fee. We market your property, find your tenant, and the tenant signs our lease and pays the deposit. Thereafter, you manage the property.
- Chalmers Full Letting Management: A full marketing, letting and property management service. This is our most popular service and takes the hassle out of letting your property; we manage more than 180 properties for clients.
- Aim to keep void periods between lettings to less than one month (and often with zero void or under 2 weeks), wherever possible.
- Have effective, low cost marketing strategies that match tenants to properties quickly. Prospective tenants find your property on our website, 4 leading property portals, To Let board, our central High Street shop windows or directly from our tenant database. We supplement this with targeted, local press advertising.
- Have a robust but fair letting and management processes; these protect your interests, through tenant vetting, effective lease terms and securing a deposit of 2 months rent.
- Have East Lothian's largest team of architects with lots of experience of improving and extending investment properties to increase buy-to-let returns.
- Have efficient accounting procedures and good client communication.
As professional letting agents and property managers, Chalmers & Co is a member of the Scottish Association of Landlords (SAL). SAL represents the interests of all landlords and letting agents, and works with various Holyrood and Westminster government departments.
"We feel that your service is comprehensive and thorough..." (Client)
"Seems friendlier and more personal than agencies I've been with in the past.…"
Please call us now on 01620 824000 or email us for advice on renting your property.