If you can't sell your home, why not ask us to let out your property until the market improves.
As chartered surveyors, we understand rental and capital returns, and have views on where to invest for the best long term returns. We aim to manage our clients' properties as assets and propose improvements to add value and increase returns.
In more challenging markets, we also make it easy for clients to let out property that they may not be able to sell until the market improves.
Chalmers & Co offers 3 letting services:
- A full marketing, letting and property management service. This is our most popular service and takes the hassle out of letting your property; we manage more than 180 properties for clients.
- A marketing and letting only service. We market your property, find your tenant, and the tenant signs our lease and pays the deposit. Thereafter, you manage the property.
- A customised letting service which is tailored to your specific requirements. This could include elements of the services above, as required.
- Aim to keep void periods between lettings to less than one month, wherever possible.
- Have effective, low cost marketing strategies that match tenants to properties quickly. Many properties are let via the Internet, the To Let board, our High Street shop windows or directly from our database. We supplement this with targeted, local press advertising.
- Have a robust but fair letting and management process; this protects our clients' interests, through tenant vetting, effective lease terms and securing a deposit of 2 months rent.
- Manage repairs to our clients' properties internal and external property inspections annually, supported by our excellent network of local tradesmen and the expertise of our Architectural Services department.
- Support property management with efficient accounting procedures and good client communication.
As professional letting agents and property managers, Chalmers & Co is a member of the Scottish Association of Landlords (SAL). SAL represents the interests of all landlords and letting agents, and works with various Holyrood and Westminster government departments.
"We feel that your service is comprehensive and thorough..." (Client)
"Seems friendlier and more personal than agencies I've been with in the past.…"
Please call us now on 01620 824000 or email us for advice on renting your property.