An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Project Architect to join our small, but expanding rural architectural team based in Haddington, East Lothian.
Chalmers & Co is a professional, multi-discipline practice with nearly 50 years of providing land and estate agency, property management and architectural services throughout East Lothian, Midlothian and the Borders. Our architectural clients range from home owners, developers, farmers and landowners to community groups, charities and commercial property owners.
Our client base is growing, partly because Chalmers & Co’s architectural practice is in the process of merging with Alan Sheerin Associates Architects (under the Chalmers & Co name), creating one of East Lothian’s largest architectural practices. This provides several exciting new opportunities.
What is the Job?
As a project architect you will provide architectural services for clients at all stages of the RIBA plan of work from inception to completion. The ideal candidate will have between one and five years post Part 3 qualification experience with a proven track record in carrying out measured and level surveys, preparing drawings and carrying out design work to meet clients’ requirements as well as dealing with contractors on site. You will also have experience in boundary dispute work and producing deed plans and maps.
You will be efficient at juggling a number of projects always ensuring the client’s needs and expectations are met as well as deadlines within the office. In return, you will to be part of a close knit, supportive team and have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects including house extensions, farm steadings, commercial properties, cottages and even the occasional stately home.
In our busy, friendly office, you will need to show:
- Initiative and ability to prioritise workload
- A professional manner
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Teamwork and effective communication
- An ability to work to timescales and achieve deadlines
- The ability to distinguish and act on what is important to clients
- Full competency in AutoCad
Terms and Conditions:
- Hours of Work: In theory – 9.00am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Holidays: 30 days including public holidays.
- Transport: The applicant will be required to have a car and a mileage allowance for business usage will be paid.
- Salary: This will be commensurate with experience.
Application procedure: Applications, including your CV, should be made by Friday, 24th January to Mrs Audrey Stevenson at firstname.lastname@example.org.